Thursday 22 November 2012

Give Thanks.


Happy Thanksgiving from Cape Town, South Africa!This is my first time celebrating Thanksgiving away from home, and it is definitely a new experience for me. Usually my Thanksgiving Day is filled with the aroma of fried turkey, collard greens, and macaroni-n-cheese complemented by the sounds of a good ol’ football game playing on the TV, and my moments are spent making memories with the people I love. But today I have none of these things.  I am not bitter, though, because I have so much to be thankful for on this wonderful day: friends, family, good health, the opportunity to be in Africa right now (I could go on forever)...
Although I did not spend Thanksgiving the way I always have for the past 2 decades, I still enjoyed my unconventional Thanksgiving festivities here in South Africa. I went down to the Cape Town city center and scoped out the markets looking for gifts for my loved ones, indulged in some Mexican cuisine (my favorite), and got kissed by the sun while taking a nap on the beach. With only 4 Days left in South Africa, I feel the need to be out and about doing as many activities as possible because I'm sure I will miss this beautiful "Mothercity" when it is time to say Goodbye!

Happy Thanksgiving once again & thanks for reading!

xo, Nika