Sunday 21 October 2012

The Greatest Homecoming EVER.

Howard University is known all around the United States for its immaculate homecoming celebration. When I decided to study abroad in South Africa this semester, I knew I'd be missing my final homecoming as an undergraduate student at Howard University, but I was not really upset about the fact that I wouldn't be there for the celebration. I mean, I've been to 3 homecomings so far, it couldn't be much different right?! WRONG! Apparently this was "the greatest homecoming ever," and I happened to be 2349049034 miles away *sighs.* Some of the artists who performed include: 2 Chainz, Meek Mill, Elle Varner, Beenie Man, & T.I. When I heard that Drake (my favorite hip-hop artist) had made a surprise visit to our homecoming concert, popularly known as Yard Fest, I nearly shed a tear. No lie. I have been waiting 4 years for him to make an appearance at Yard Fest, and when he FINALLY comes I am all the way across the Atlantic Ocean parlaying in the motherland. I longed to be at Yard Fest "turning up" with all my friends and taking in the energy from the crowd, not in my dorm room in South Africa watching rain fall down my window sill. Let's just say I became America-sick really quickly.

Watch the video and maybe you can feel my pain lol:


Don't get me wrong, I am a little bitter about missing homecoming this year, but I wouldn't trade in this study abroad experience for anything in the world.